LIMITED TIME OFFER
Purchase the TMX89 and get the V4 Switching Family absolutely free.
Why run multiple cables to each zone when you can use one? Video Storm's TMX series matrix enables you to distribute HD video, digital & analog audio, bidirectional IR control, and power to each viewing zone using SINGLE CAT5E connections!
The TMX series is a modularly designed matrix system that supports up to 12 input sources matrixed to as many outputs as you need. The base unit, TMX89, comes standard with 8 inputs and 9 outputs (8 CAT5E, 1 RCA). You can add up to 4 additional input boards (either HD or SD) and 1 additional output board (supporting 8 CAT5E outputs). Additionally, if you need even more outputs we have 3 types of expansion devices:
- TMXVXP gives you 18 RCA video outputs,
- TMXAXP gives you 18 RCA digital and analog audio outputs
- TMXCXP gives you up to 32 CAT5E outputs
In addition to sending more than anyone over a single cable, the TMX series offers many new features such as:
- Touch screen LCD panel for easy control and configuration
- Ethernet control including simple web browser interface
- Forward channel AND back channel IR routing
- Independent IR distribution to all 12 input sources
- Full DSP processed audio, including gain, EQ, balance, delay, and compensation
- Conversion between stereo digital audio and analog audio
- Control IR over Ethernet using IR-RX and IR-TX functionality
- Real time clock which enables parental control, zone/source time limits, and other features
Accepts any remote control
Flexible Control Options
||TMX89 can be controlled by several methods, you can choose the one the best fits your home theater control scheme.
||Manual control using the front panel buttons
||IR control using a programmable remote. You can download the Pronto codes needed here. The raw Hex format is here.
||Ethernet control using TCP/UDP or HTTP
control using Cinemar's
custom designed plugin.
Each output is individually switch-able. You can configure TMX88 in one of 2 control modes:
- Basic mode: Component video, analog audio, and digital audio(coax/tos) switch together.
- Advanced mode: Component video, analog audio, and digital audio(coax/tos) all are switched independently
Audio Volume Control
The TMX89 integrates fully independent input and output volume adjustments on analog stereo audio using high quality DSP processing. Why is this important?
The input volume control allows you to equalize the volume from all sources to a common level. Many satellite boxes output volume levels below nominal, so without this feature you would need to adjust the volume manually every time you switch between Cable/DVD to satellite. After equalization, all your sources will have the same volume level.
The output volume control is mainly used for two types of applications. The first is to control the volume on your TV speakers from the centralized system. It eliminates the need to use the TV remote to control volume. The second application is for in wall/ceiling speakers. Since volume control is built into the CMX, you can use inexpensive and high quality fixed gain multichannel power amplifiers to drive your speakers. Not only does this simplify control, but it will save you several hundred dollars on the total solution.
HDMI Expansion Capability
The TMX89 has the ability to seamlessly add HDMI matrix switching capability. Simply purchase one of our HMX series rack mountable HDMI matrix switches and connect the RS-232 port from the HMX switch to the expansion port on the TMX89. You will be able to switch the HDMI matrix through the same control interface you use to switch the TMX89. No need for a separate remote or RS-232 controller.
TMX89 supports firmware updates over the RS-232 or Ethernet port. Future updates will add the capability to control all our new products over the expansion port. Follow this link for more information.